Tuesday 6 May 2014

Bank Holiday Weekend OOTD #1: The Maxi Dress

Maxi dresses...I've always had a love/hate relationship with this lasting trend. 

I'm quite small (5'4" to be exact) so always found that in a LOT of the ones I've tried, I've resembled more a child in an adults dress, the fabric threatening to engulf my entire body. 

...I clearly wasn't trying on the right ones. 

On Saturday, me and the fam made a trip to Essex (what you saaaaayin') for my cousins First Holy Communion. We missed the Church as they only allocated one row per family and the O'Connor's alone would've needed half a dozen....not that I'm complaining (soz Jesus) and arrived just in time for the good part! Domino's pizza (for the kiddies but obvs I 'supervised'), Mr Whippy's, cake, cheese, more cake, boxes of chocolates and lots of wine. It was like Christmas all over again! and my idea of heaven?

I was rushing as per usual, trying to find something to wear when I came across this maxi dress in my wardrobe from last year - I've decided I really like it! Definitely a spring/summer staple. I am on the lookout for a simple black maxi...if anyone's seen a nice one, please let me know!

Outfit Of The Day: 











I Am Wearing

Maxi Dress - River Island 
White Blazer - Primark 
Coral Pumps - Primark 
Necklace - Car Boot Sale
Ring - Topshop
Sunglasses - Topshop
Lipstick - Topshop in 'Macaroon'
Nail Varnish - Models Own in 'Beach Bag'

Some snaps!



My sister made these beauties...mmmmmm buttercream icing.


And I leave with you with a sistaz selfie!


Peace & lurrrrrve

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment